More than ever people seeking protection need assistance when they want to accomplish their rights. This is true for the asylum procedure law as well as for the more and more elaborate substantive refugee law and, increasingly, for the time after the recognition procedure when the 'ordinary' aliens law is gaining in importance for the refugees.
Ideally, the refugees should be counselled by expert lawyers, but many refugees do not find a lawyer or cannot afford the counselling fees. Thus, volunteering staffers of refugee initiatives and social workers attend to counselling the refugees during and after the procedure. Pro Asyl tries to support these voluntary services and offers itself first aid counsel by phone (see Contact).
- Constitution and Right to Asylum in Germany
- The most important German laws
- How to find decisions by German courts in the internet
Countries of Origin
- Learn more about the countries of origin!
- Are you looking for Information Centers?
Books on- and offline
- Legal Handbook for Refugees by Hubert Heinhold